YouTube TV is the best solution to watch live TV without having to run behind cable or satellite connections. Besides, you need to pay a subscription cost of just around $35 to enjoy YouTube TV on Roku. You can watch live content from over 40 channels such as CBS, ABC, Disney, CW and ESPN. And there is an initial free trial period during which you can make a decision whether to continue the subscription or not.
- The channel has many characteristic features which make it the best option for cord-cutters.
- The app gives you personalized recommendations based on your browsing history
- There is a library tab on the app that allows access to TV shows recorded by you
- Besides, this feature also makes navigation easier
- YouTube TV provides Roku users access to Cloud DVR which does not have any storage limits
- Pay for a single membership and up to six family members can use the benefits
- Each family member gets a separate login and a library
- You can, however, stream only on 3 devices simultaneously for a single membership
Devices that support YouTube TV
The YouTube TV app is compatible with most Roku devices with only a few exceptions. You can add the channel app to the following set of streaming devices.
- 2nd gen Roku
- 3rd gen Roku
- 4th gen Roku
- Roku Express and Express Plus
- Premiere and Premiere Plus
- Roku Ultra
- Roku Streaming stick and Streaming stick Plus
To know if your device supports the YouTube TV app, kindly give us a call at our toll-free number 1-866-990-6730.
How to add the channel app to your account or device
You can choose to add the YouTube TV app either to your device or to your Roku account. When you add the app to a device, it will not reflect on other devices. However, that’s not the case when you add an app to your account. It reflects on all devices that are linked to this account.
To add an app to your streaming device, you can make use of your remote to complete the process.
- Open the Roku channel store on your TV by navigating through the home screen menu
- From the Streaming Channels menu, choose the YouTube TV app and add it to your device
- Make sure that the service is available in your location before you add the app
- Since your payment details are already registered with Roku, it’s enough if you enter your account PIN
- This way the transaction is complete and the subscription amount will be deducted from your card or PayPal account
- To add this app to your account, you need to access the account from an external device such as a PC or a smartphone
- In case you are using a smartphone, don’t forget to download and install the Free Roku Mobile App
- Open your account on the app and search for the YouTube TV app in the Streaming Channels menu aka the Channel store
- Add the app using the ADD CHANNEL option and confirm your selection by providing your Roku PIN details
- Once the channel is added to your account, you must confirm that you are able to access the channel on all devices linked to this account
- Otherwise, try restarting the devices and check for the channel’s availability