Simple Methods To Setup and Activate Roku Express – go.roku.com/express
Roku Express is relatively a small compatible device that comes with an IR remote and the device can be connected to the TV via an HDMI cable. It is a separate streaming device which is an easily portable one so that user can take this device anywhere easily and stream the shows just with an internet connection. To avail this Roku Express support or to know about the setup process, visit go.roku.com/express.
How To Setup Roku Express(go.roku.com/express)
Ensure that you have all the accessories listed below in your Roku Express package.
Roku Streaming Player
Micro USB Cable
In case you are buying a Roku express+ then, a composite cable will be the additional accessory in your package.
- Based on your package, Roku express or Roku express+, use the composite cable or HDMI cable. Insert the first end of the cable to the TV device and the other end to the Roku streaming player.
- The adhesive tape is provided to stick the Roku player to any desired surface, on your TV table or a wall. Use your TV remote to select the respective port which you have connected the streaming player to.
- To turn on the Roku player, connect the small end of the USB cable to the Roku player and another end to the USB port on your TV. Or else, connect the power adapter to the power outlet from the wall and end of the cable to the streaming player.
- Make sure that your streaming player is getting sufficient power to operate, because, insufficient power while connecting to TV may lead to a lack of performance in the player.
- After establishing all these connections, turn on the power and your TV display will show a Roku logo.
- Take the batteries provided in the package and place it in the correct position in the posterior side of your remote. Afterward, close the remote with the back cover.
- For the optimum experience of your remote control, try to operate it straightaway to your Roku streaming player.
Connect the Roku Express to Network
- Do the initial setup processes like language and location settings on your Roku device.
- Connect your device to the available internet network and search for your internet network name; in the list and then, select it.
- If you don’t get your internet network name, select the ‘Scan again to see all the networks’ and click the right one to establish the connection. After connection with the internet, Roku device will search for the latest available software update and the download process begins.
- For your Roku account activation, visit the Roku.com/link site on your Computer, Smartphone or Tablet and enter your own activation code in the field.
- After entering the activation code, you can sign in to your existing account or can create a new account. Provide the payment information to make easy purchases on the channel store.
- Add your favorite channels from the available list and finally, click the continue button at the bottom of the webpage.
Download and Install Roku App
- You can also download the Roku app from the iOS app store or Google play store. And use your smartphone as a remote device to control your streaming player.
- You can customize multiple options and also, can use the headphone mode to get a personal audio experience.
To add new and favorite channels, you can search in the channel store and add your desired channel to the watching list. Also, you can personalize the Roku player by changing the theme too.