What can you do with the Free Roku mobile app
When you have damaged or misplaced the Roku remote, there are other ways in which you can control the TV. Besides, can you also alter Roku settings without your Roku remote? Absolutely yes and this is where the Roku mobile app comes as a savior.
The Free Roku mobile app is available for all mobile devices from the respective app stores. The advantage of using the app as a remote over using the original remote is the availability of additional features. The only requirement here is that both the TV and the mobile device should be connected to the same wireless network.
Accessing channels with the mobile app
The good news is, you can convert your mobile device into an advanced Roku remote with the help of this Roku app. Besides, you can also enjoy features such as voice control and private listening. Let’s have a look at how you can use the mobile app to access channels on your TV.
- Download and install the Roku app on your mobile device
- then launch the application and go to the MY CHANNELS option
- Here, you will be able to view all the channels that are a part of your Roku link account
- Use your mobile device or your laptop which has the app installed on it, as a remote control
- The functions that can be performed are
- Changing channels using the channel up and down arrows
- Changing the volume control using the volume up or down arrows
- Play or pause a video
- Reverse scan and forward scan
- Channel search
- Also, adjust your TV volume using the volume buttons on your mobile device
Searching for content using the app
You can also use the app to search for content across channels. This you can do with the help of the following steps.
- Make use of the drop-down menu that can be found on your app
- Here, select the ROKU SEARCH option search for channels or other content available on the channel store
- Since this is a universal search, it will fetch results from most of the channels
- From the search results, you can select a channel of your choice
Steps to add or remove channels from the app
Another important thing that you can do with the app is channel addition and deletion. Here are the instructions which will help you in the process.
- To add or remove a channel, you can go to the STREAMING CHANNELS option on your TV screen
- For this, you need to go to the Roku’s HOME SCREEN and then, access the STREAMING CHANNELS option
- You will then be prompted to log into your Roku account using your credentials
- Once logged in, you can select the channel and move to the ADD A CHANNEL option
- Based on your account settings, you may or may not be prompted for a PIN
- After which you have to pay a subscription if it is a paid channel
- Else, the channel gets added to your account automatically